Senate President Saraki Reveals Why Tinubu Dislikes Him

Senate President Bukola Sarak said he was proud of his role in stopping All Progressives Congress, APC national leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu from becoming the vice-presidential candidate of the APC in 2015.

Responding to assertions made against him at the APC presidential campaign rally in Ilorin, Kwara State on Monday, Saraki in a statement signed by his Special Adviser (Media and Publicity),Yusuph Olaniyonu, stated that the APC leaders know that their party would lose the presidential and National Assembly elections on February 16, 2019 and hence the resort to name calling and avoidance of the issues.


Image result for pictures of Saraki and tinubu together

“As for Tinubu, we have never expected any good words from him. All his life, he will continue to belly ache and nurse grudges over my opposition to the Muslim-Muslim ticket idea in 2015. As far as he is concerned, I stopped him from realizing his ambition then. However, I believe my action then and now is in pursuit of national interest.


"Again, I supported President Buhari in 2015 because I believe he could make a positive change. I left the party when I realized he lacked the capacity and the desire to make any change. “Tinubu on his own part said though he agreed with me about my assessment of the man, he would continue to support Buhari even if the man had to govern from the hospital stretcher because that is the way he (Tinubu) could become the President in 2023.


Vanguard

Comments